CONSTRUCTION OF SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
Abergeldie has been engaged by Sydney Metro to build a new world-class speedway for Western Sydney as part of Sydney Metro West. A new addition to the Sydney Dragway, at Western Sydney Parklands’ Precinct 5: Eastern Creek Motor Sports, the new speedway will contribute towards a creating a true motorplex for the Australian motorsport racing community.
Major work to build the new speedway will be underway from early 2021, following of minor works in late 2020. The new speedway is expected to be ready for the start of the 2021 speedway racing season.
Scope of work
As part of the new world-class racetrack, Abergeldie will be delivering:
- A clay-based racetrack for both speedway cars and motorcycles
- A new grandstand and terraced seating for up to 7000 spectators
- Public amenities, corporate boxes, food, beverage and merchandise outlet
- New parking facilities
- New dual vehicle access to the precinct via a new intersection built off Ferrers Road
- A dedicated competitor pit area to service the speedway
- Workshops, garages and trackside support services.
To find out more about the new Sydney International Speedway, visit the Sydney Metro website: https://www.sydneymetro.info/station/sydney-international-speedway
If you would like to speak to a member of the project team or sign up for project updates, please call 1800 612 173 or email email@example.com.
Project Management Plans