Abergeldie’s Laser Profiling system provides computer generated pipe profile data. The Laser Profiler assesses the condition of
a pipe by measuring the internal diameter, ovality (roundness)
and capacity of a length of pipeline. Laser profiling equipment is attached to existing CCTV cameras. In situ footage is captured
by the cameras and then computer analysed to produce the end user condition reports.
- A ring of laser light is projected onto
the internal pipe surface.
- Laser image is captured by CCTV whilst
camera moves through the pipe.
- Analysis is performed on the ring of light using
specialised software to build a digital pipe profile.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Determining the internal cross-sectional area of a pipe
- Analysing capacity loss due to deformation
- Analysing capacity loss due to corrosion
- Quality assurance of new applications
- Post-rehabilitation pipeline assessment
- Quantifying defects, holes, and other
imperfections on existing and new assets
- Measuring pipe diameter.